Wednesday 13 October 2010

New Line - Oh Crumbs!

The more of the upcycled/recycled/preloved/whatever you want to call it jewellery that I make the more I am seeing a new side to vintage items. It seems to have sparked a new creativity in me, or maybe just tapped into my inner recycling guru.
If there is one thing that I love more than jewellery it is cake. There is little that a cup of tea and a slice of tea bread can't solve and as for a good chocolate cake - don't get me started! And as if to fuel my obsession my Mum is in the business of making cakes, so I've been raised to appreciate some darn tasty crumbs. The Boy thinks that my Mum's brownies are basically the closest that you can come to heaven without the bother of having to die.

So what better homage to my baking heritage than to make cake stands. My 'Oh Crumbs!' collection brings together some lovely vintage plates, fused with glassware to make cake stands that are just crying out for a good afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment